Styling twin trunk bonsai - sokan
This shape is to express the tree that has two trunks growing from same root.
Key points to make this shape
1. two trunks growing at the bottom
2. one trunk must be bigger than the other one
3. basically the trunks shouldn't cross each other
4. the smaller trunk is called a child trunk and the bigger one is called a parent trunk.
5. the trunks shouldn't slant towards the front side ( it ruins the visual form at the front )
6. both of the trunk should be seen perfectly from the front side
７．avoid to have branches crossing trunks to keep the clear visibility of the trunks
8. one of the trunks ( usually smaller trunk ) should slant slightly more than the other one to create the space between them.
9. the space between the trunks should be wider as it goes up.
Japanese beech, maple