Styling multiple trunk bonsai - kabudachi
This shape expresses the tree growing with many trunks from one root at the bottom.
Usually the number of the trunks must be at least more than 5.
Key points to make this shape
1. many trunks at the bottom ( best if it has more than 5 trunks )
2. an odd number of trunks is preferred for this shape ( even numbers greater than two do not look good )
3. make sure all the trunks can be seen at the front side of the tree
4. Recommended that thick branches are not crossing trunks (this is to keep the best trunk view at the front side)
5 . even though it has many trunks, best if it looks like all the trunks are spreading from one root
6. each trunk needs to look different from other trunks: thickness, shape, curves, twists